Preparation: 15 minutes
boiling: 2 hours
- 2 pounds tripe
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery root
- 1 parsley root
- 1 onion
- peppercorns (black pepper)
- 4-5 tablespoons sour cream
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons apple vinegar
- Scrub and wash three times the tripe (two times with hot water and last time with cold water).
- Put the vegetables and the tripe in a large pot with cold salted water. Simmer for 2 hours at low heat.
- Drain the tripe and let it cool. Set aside the vegetables.
- Cut the tripe into thin stripes and put it back in the broth.
- Add the sour cream and some minced garlic.
- Season it with more sour cream, vinegar, salt or minced garlic (taste and adjust the seasoning).
- Serve with hot peppers on the side.